I'm Beatrice, a Filipina who reads books in random genres.
This book tells about every teenagers life. For sure a lot of people could relate in this novel especially when they remembered the first time they entered Highschool. You meet new people with different personalities. Everything in Highschool is part of growing up and we learn to make our own choices in the future. A story that involves family, love , and friendship.
Charlie is a wallflower.Freshman student. He's sensitive, emotional and weird. His Aunt's death had affected him, and he is struggling to get along with others. He's pretending to be someone he's not. He enjoyed being with his new found friends Sam and Patrick, siblings (step siblings) and Senior students. With curiousity and peer pressure, Charlie did a lot of things like smoking, drinking etc.. He tries to cope up with others so he could get along with them and trying to please them as possible.
It's kind of annoying when he cries a lot. I mean, there's no reason to cry for ( Oh well, he's just emotional and weird) and Craig cheating Sam, I just want to punch him. Another weird thing when he let Patrick kiss him. It's just surprising.. feels weird on that.
I like Charlie in a way he learned lessons in life and tries to "participate" in other things.
I was a Wallflower before. That's why I love this novel. It's not that I'm exactly like Charlie. But I had difficulties in getting along with other people when I was in Highschool.
I'm not popular. There are times that I'm alone and looking for someone to talk to.
I tried to get along with their conversations, but it was like I'm invisible to them.
It hurts, I'm just being left out.. I admitted that I cried that time.
I had a hard time expressing myself to others, afraid that I would be misinterpret by others.
Sometimes, I just need to be alone. Not being a loner one, but simply I just need time for myself where I could do anything I want.
There are things that I've learned in this book:
Have a choice of your own.
- You could get an advice from your friends, you may take it or not. It's still your decision.
Be responsible for your actions
- There's always a peer pressure and curiousity. Party, drinking, smoking etc.. But be responsible enough for the consequences. Learn to put your limitations and be stiff enough to balance what is right and wrong.
- Not all the time you meet people with the same personality. Learn to adjust with them, but not all the time. Be sociable and try to get along. Join in activities. Share your interests.
Express your feelings to others .
- There's nothing wrong to express your feelings. But make sure you say it in a nice and polite way, at least they will know what you are really feeling and Listen to what they are saying whether it's good or bad for sure they will appreciate that.
Just Be Yourself
- Never pretend to be something you are not. Just be real. You don't have to please everyone. Treasure those people who accept you for who you are.
“I think the idea is that every person has to live for his or her own life and then make the choice to share it with other people. Maybe that is what makes people "participate.”
I watched it, and it was BEAUTIFUL! The actors and actresses fit their roles. It's nice to see Emma Watson outside Harry Potter world. She's awesome. As for the one who played Patrick, he's so funny! That Rocky Horror Show:)
- Throwback Review -